Write a Check
To donate by check or money order, make your donation payable to Food for Others and mail it to: Food for Others, 2938 Prosperity Avenue, Fairfax, VA 22031
To donate safely by credit card or through PayPal, use the Donate Now website. If you prefer, you can call us (703-207-9173) with your credit card. Or, complete this Financial Donation Form and mail it or fax it to us.
If you would like to make a stock donation to Food for Others, please complete a Stock Donation Form and mail or fax it to Food for Others, or contact our Executive Director at 703-207-9173.
Food for Others welcomes donations through workplace giving campaigns. If your workplace offers matching funds, please take advantage of it to benefit Food for Others.
- We are a member of the America’s Charities Community First Federation
- For the Combined Federal Campaign, if you are a Federal government employee, use code 40790
- For the United Way campaign write in Food for Others
IRA Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)
If you are 70.5 years old and subject to RMD, please consider making a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) to Food for Others. This will allow you to avoid the ordinary income taxes you would be required to pay on your RMD. Here are some things to keep in mind:
· Contributions can only come from IRAs, inactive SIMPLE IRAs, inactive SEP IRAs, or inherited IRAs, not pre-tax employer plans;
· Contributions must be paid directly from the IRA Custodian to Food for Others;
· The contribution can be part or all of the RMD;
· The donation can’t exceed $100,000 per tax year for an individual or $200,000 for a married couple filing jointly ($100,000 from each person’s IRA); and
· The funds must come out of your IRA by December 31 to count toward that year’s RMD.